With experience in both the fast-paced corporate world and higher education environments, I bring enthusiasm and innovation to teaching and supporting clients.
Emerson College, Boston, MA — BFA Digital Media Studies, 2003 (cum laude)
Instructional Technologist, Emerson College — 2012-Present
- Created and maintained WordPress.org blogs for faculty and students (1,500 consecutive users and over 3,000 individual blogs).
- Administered Emerson’s LMS (Canvas), including the importing, transferring, and troubleshooting of over 1,500 courses per semester.
- Responsible for training on our Canvas LMS, including the creation of online documentation for faculty and staff at the Boston, Los Angeles, and Amsterdam campuses.
- Advised individual faculty and staff on special projects regarding technology in the classroom, such as in-class Twitter-based assignments and electronic submission of graduate theses.
Client Support Specialist, Boston University IS&T — 2011-2012
- Maintained email accounts and databases for staff, faculty, and students of BU.
- Provided client-facing support for 802.1x networking, centralized printing, and library resources.
- Provided support on Blackboard and WordPress sites.
- Assisted in integrating mobile technology (Android, iOS) platforms in educators’ workflows.
Creative (Software Trainer), Apple Retail — 2003-2011
- Delivered over 5,000 personal training sessions to customers.
- Engaged in Apple retail customer support through troubleshooting hardware and software, handling customer escalations, providing customer service, and overseeing employee development and training.
- Self-taught and trained coworkers on Apple’s accessibility software to aid persons with hearing and vision disability.
- Leadership experience
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Expert in all Apple consumer applications
- Expert in Mac OS X and proficient in Windows 7 and 8.1
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Familiar with Blackboard, Canvas, and WordPress installations
Available Upon Request